AT WHAT COST TO YOU FOR RESOLUTION OF YOUR TAX PROBLEMS
I'm always curious about the cost of going to any other tax resolution company other than my own to resolve tax problems. Consequently, I did some research and decided to post this information for the general public to see.
Taxpayers in distress often come to me when they have exhausted all their funds attempting to obtain assistance from attorneys and other tax resolution companies without success. They are both very surprised and very relieved when they find me.
What does it typically cost to obtain the assistance of a tax resolution company. The following information represents the going rate for tax resolution charged by tax resolution companies as far back as tax year 2010 (I imagine that they are even higher now):
BASE fee is $1500.00. Add and subtract from that depending on your situation. This is a FLAT fee -- you should NOT expect to pay anything else as long as you follow our protocol. The fees also include handling any APPEALS of your case -- if/when necessary.
IRS or State Collection cases:
1. Payroll tax liability - Form 941/940 - business still open - Revenue Officer Assigned -- $1250.00 to $5500.00.
2. Payroll tax liability - Form 941/940- business closed or about to be closed -- assistance on closure and reducing chances of personal assessment -- $1050.00 to $3750.00
3.Individual back taxes or civil penalty taxes - Form 1040 or Form 6672-- case assigned to Automated Collection Systems (ACS)* -- $850.00 to $2750.00.
4. Individual back taxes - Form 1040 -- case assigned to Rev. Officer -- $1550.00 to $3750.00 Resolution might include Offer in Compromise, Uncollectible Status, Payment Plan Negotiation and/or Penalty Abatement
5. Individual back taxes - Form 1040 -- case not in ACS -- $850.00 to $1750.00. Resolution might include Offer in Compromise, Uncollectible Status, Payment Plan Negotiation and/or Penalty Abatement
6. Penalty abatement ONLY -- $750.00 to $1550.00 Preparing the paperwork to request waiver of penalties and interest on a paid or unpaid tax bill .
7. State tax cases -- $1000.00 to $1500.00 If you owe your States individual or business taxes, we generally charge this fee to handle all representation and resolution on your case UNLESS the case is an unusual and highly complex one. (You'll need to call about that).
* ACS or Automated Collection Systems is the division of the IRS that is reached by a 1-800 # and staffed by thousands of workers who look up your case in a central computer.
Audit or Examination cases
1. 1040 audit -- $1500.00 to $5500.00, depending on the complexity of the audit and what stage the audit is in.
2. Appeal of audit or Doubt as to Liability - Offer in Compromise-- $1500.00 to $4000.00. If we see your audit as screwed up, we might appeal it for you and start over. This is done by appealing the audit OR filing a Doubt as to Liability - Offer in Compromise.
Tax preparation fees are separate - but are generally comparable with a normal Accountant's fees. If there is serious financial hardship involved, we are always flexible and give out "free tips" daily to those who are destitute.